How do I make an appointment?
Do I need a referral to make an appointment?
Check with your insurance company to see if a referral is necessary. Some insurance companies require a referral to ensure that the specialist you are seeing is appropriate for you and your condition. Dr. Halawi is an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in hip and knee replacement surgery. If you have never seen a doctor for your hip or knee pain in past, have not had any form of treatment (over the counter or prescription medications, injections, etc.), or have never had X-rays of your joint, it is highly unlikely that surgery will be offered to you during the initial consultation.
Do you accept second opinions?
What to bring for your initial consultation?
Here is check list for your initial consultation:
- Driver’s License or a valid ID
- Insurance information
- Referral Letter (if required)
- X-rays, CT scans etc. and any other imaging studies on a CD. Please do not just bring the imaging reports.
- Operative report(s) and X-rays before and after surgery (if applicable)
- List of medications (if any)
- Laboratory workup (if applicable)
- New Patient Questionnaires